It’s strange how the medium of video is so often tied to consumption in the most negative ways, while engaging with text or audio is seen as somehow more noble. I’m reading a book. Imagine that.
Anyway, here are some of the things I’ve been consuming as of late:
- Lots of music. I keep a log of what I find to be the best song of the day .
- Deafheaven. An absolutely phenomenal band that has created some of the most emotionally charged songs I’ve heard.
- Toro y Moi. Discovered this guy from my high school photography teacher who played a music video of his once during class. When I got home I totally forgot the name of the artist and tried searching for keywords from the video until I finally found it (guy casually pulling aside fern frond music video?)
- The War on Drugs. Consistently incredible. So many of their tracks are associated with particular places for me.
- The Lex Fridman Podcast. I listen to this when I commute to work. A wide range of guests engaging in quite compelling discussions with a most excellent host.
Can’t beat an occasional video game.
- Battlefield 4. Playing this for a few hours on the weekend is incredibly relaxing.
- Mini Motorways . Incredibly chill.
There’s some incredible people on YouTube. Here’s my current list of some choice individuals: